A serious car accident is one of the most traumatic things a person will ever experience. The aftermath of a car crash is all a blur until the shock wears off and the reality hits home. Physical pain. Emotional distress. Your wrecked car. Insurance adjusters. Bill collectors.
At Flesch & Beck Law, we strive to give clients relief from these worries. When you are recovering from severe injuries related to a car accident, you don’t need the added stress of figuring out legal matters. Our experienced Denver accident lawyers will deal with the insurance companies and the details of your claims, so you can rest and get your life back.
Why Choose Our Team?
We are committed to pursuing the full value for your car accident injuries. Once you are back to 100% (or as fully recovered as possible), that’s when your case takes flight. Our accident attorneys know what to look for in valuing injury claims. We will take into account all of your accident-related expenses, seeking damages not only for your medical bills but also for future care, lost wages and projected earnings (if you can no longer work), plus fair compensation for any permanent disability as well as your pain and suffering.
Why Do I Need An Attorney?
Having attorneys on your side is critical to protect your rights from day one after an accident. It is critical to seek legal counsel immediately. Evidence and witness accounts must be preserved. The statute of limitations must be met. Insurance adjusters will press you for a recorded statement or perhaps an on-the-spot settlement.
When you hire us, we will assist with access to medical care, the payment of doctors’ bills and the repair of your vehicle. We will intervene to make sure that you do not say something to the insurance company that would hurt your claim.
Skilled In All Types Of Injury And Accident Claims
Our personal injury lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for victims of traffic accidents in metro Denver and throughout Colorado. We are attuned to the unique legal issues and injuries in all varieties of accidents, including:
- Intersection or rear-end collisions
- Highway and freeway accidents
- Car vs. truck accidents
- Car vs. motorcycle crashes
- Cases of bicyclists and pedestrians hit by cars
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Drugged driving
- Reckless driving
- Drunk driver cases
- Distracted driving accidents
- Claims involving passengers of negligent drivers
- Injury claims on behalf of children
- Traffic deaths
With our extensive experience, there are few, if any, types of personal injury claims we have not handled.
What Are The Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
The devastating injuries of a car accident cannot be overstated. In our practice, we have seen thousands of innocent motorists affected by life-altering medical conditions due to their crashes. Some of the most common injuries related to car accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord damage
- Partial or total paralysis
- Loss of a limb
- Nerve damage
- Muscle damage
Most serious injuries require intensive physical therapy to recover. Some patients can never attain their previous level of physical functioning. The medical bills related to an injury can also quickly become overwhelming for the average accident victim.
What To Do After A Car Accident
If you are in a collision, the most important thing to do is seek medical attention immediately. Call an ambulance if necessary. Once you have done this, try to follow these steps:
- Get the information of the other driver or drivers involved. This can include their names, license plate numbers and insurance information.
- Get the information of any witnesses.
- Contact the police and file an accident report.
- Document the accident scene by taking photographs with a camera or your phone.
- Do not speak with any insurance company representatives.
- Consult a personal injury attorney as soon as you can.
If you can adhere to these steps, you have a much better likelihood of maximizing your financial recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our clients have a lot of questions about car accidents and the law. Here are a few examples.
Is it worth it to sue if I was partly responsible for the accident?
Colorado is a modified contributory negligence state. As long as the court finds that the defendant was more than 50% responsible for the accident, you can recover financial compensation for your injuries. That compensation will be reduced by the amount the judge or jury determines you contributed to the crash. So, if the court rules the defendant was 60% liable and you were 40%, your award will be reduced by 40%.
If the blame is close to 50% on each side, it might not be worth the time and expense of a lawsuit.
How long do I have to sue after an accident?
After a motor vehicle accident in Colorado, you typically have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. While that may seem like a long time, it takes a good deal of time to conduct an investigation and gather the evidence needed to prepare a strong case. The longer you wait, the more difficult that becomes. So, it’s important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. In fact, if you delay too long and fail to bring your personal injury claim within this time limit – otherwise known as the statute of limitations – the court may throw out your case and you will lose any chance of obtaining the compensation you deserve.
How much can I recover for my pain and suffering?
State law puts a cap, or limit, on how much compensation you can receive for noneconomic damages like pain and suffering. For injuries that occurred after Jan. 1, 2022, the cap is set at $642,180 for most car accident cases.
What The Numbers Say
Our firm has a proven track record of success in traffic accident cases. Highlights include:
- $900,000.on behalf of a family who tragically lost their son in an interstate highway accident
- $480,000.for a pedestrian who was struck by a commercial vehicle
- $289,000.for a client injured in a rear-end collision
And more results totaling well into the millions of dollars.
What You Get
- A FREE consultation so you can sit down with an attorney, get answers to your questions and make an informed decision on how to proceed
- A realistic appraisal of what your auto accident case may be worth
- No out-of-pocket costs, since we advance all costs and handle cases on a contingency fee basis (meaning you don’t pay unless we’re successful)
- Personal, one-on-one attention and responsive communication throughout your entire case
- Availability 24/7 to address your concerns as they arise
- Honest guidance on what options you have and what to expect
- Swift action to avoid delays so your case doesn’t drag on any longer than necessary
Benefit From Our Strong Reputation As Dedicated Advocates
For compassionate service and aggressive representation, call our experienced lawyers at Flesch & Beck Law at (303) 806-8886 or send us an email for a free, no-obligation consultation. We have convenient office locations in Denver and Englewood.