Facing Charges For Identity Theft?
Identity theft charges in Denver (and throughout Colorado) are extremely serious because they can involve charges and trial proceedings in federal court, state court and civil court. While most identity theft charges in Denver are automatically associated with a class 4 felony, the severity of the charges against you will also depend the value of goods you have been accused of taking, as well as any possible criminal record you may have that has not been expunged.
What can compound identity theft charges is the fact that they are commonly filed along with other charges, which can include:
- Credit card fraud and check fraud
- Bank fraud, wire fraud and insurance fraud
- Consumer fraud
- Mail theft, internet crimes and computer crimes
- Criminal possession of a financial device (which necessitates proof that the accused has knowledge that the financial device has been lost, stolen or obtained through fraudulent means)
Identity Theft Punishments For Successful Convictions
A successful conviction of identity theft can lead to serious punishments including:
- Long-term loss of freedom (up to 15 years of imprisonment for first-time offenders in the most serious cases)
- Hefty court and restitution fines
- Forfeiture of your car, home or other property (which may spur bankruptcy)
- Loss of your reputation, career and possibly family
Contact us today by calling 720-689-0322 or by emailing us, and receive professional legal assistance regarding your case and your legal rights.