Frequently Asked Questions About Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents encompass a wide range of crash types. Flesch & Beck Law has been representing motor vehicle accident victims throughout Colorado for more than two decades. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions.
What Is The Difference Between Motor Vehicle And Car Accidents?
They can be crashes involving cars, trucks, trains, bikes or pedestrians.
What Should I Do After An Accident?
- Call the police: They will document the scene and file a report.
- Call a doctor: as soon as possible. They can document your injuries and tell you what you need to do to recover.
- Take photos: of the scene and the vehicle involved.
- Do not talk to insurance company representatives. Adjusters will try to get you to settle for as little as possible. Tell them to call your insurance company or your attorney.
- Collect: the other driver’s information.
- Hire us: Our experience could be the difference in your ability to recover a fair judgment or settlement.
Will I Have To Go To Court?
Most cases are settled without a trial. The insurance company will try to settle for as little as possible. If you hire us, we will negotiate for you, and we are prepared to go to court when necessary.
How Can You Help Me If I Was In An Accident?
Accidents have long-term and often life-changing repercussions, including injuries, hospital stays, lost wages and physical therapy. We know how to achieve favorable settlements and verdicts. We have taken hundreds of personal injury cases to trial.
Our settlements include:
- $900,000: Family whose son died after being hit by an inattentive driver who may also have been impaired.
- $480,000: Woman hit by a commercial driver while walking through a driveway.
Our jury verdicts include:
- $289,000: Driver who suffered spinal injuries and was out of work for over a year after a rear-end accident.
- $199,000: Auto accident victim who had a head injury and had a surgery to relieve pressure from bleeding, 45 days after the accident.
All motor vehicle accidents are unique. We cannot promise similar results, but we will work to achieve the best possible result based on the facts.