A common theme in personal injury law is the importance of documentation. It is vital to the strength and outcome of a case to document everything you can. In addition to taking pictures and writing down all observations, it is extremely important to take note of all injuries, no matter how minute.
If you do not have proof of an injury or proof of reasonable care or treatment, than it is very difficult to prove the validity of your injuries. Remember that visible injuries after a car accident heal and will appear significantly less serious later and injury claims can appear exaggerated if you have not documented them.
Steps to ensure your injuries are properly treated and that you receive appropriate financial compensation.
- Seek medical attention
- Take photos of any visible marks (cuts, bruises, splints, casts, bandages, etc.)
- Take notes of your injuries
- Take notes daily to record the symptoms you are experiencing and how they influence your daily life
- Enlist reasonable ongoing care and treatment to treat your injuries. This includes physical therapy and chiropractic care.
- Seek proper representation from a personal injury attorney to help preserve vital proof to present at trial.
While your injuries may be obvious at the time of the accident, it will be more difficult later to convince an insurance company or jury of the degree of your injuries. Follow the tips above to protect yourself! Contact Flesch & Beck Law for representation or questions today.