When The Truck Driver Is Negligent
Truck driver negligence is often the cause of serious truck accidents on highways and truck routes. Drivers can easily be distracted, fatigued or drive recklessly. When truck driver negligence can be proven by your personal injury lawyer, you stand to recover maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
What Is Truck Driver Negligence?
- Reckless driving such as speeding, quick lane changes, swerving, disobeying traffic signals and other traffic violations
- Hours of service violations (working too many hours without appropriate rest, as mandated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
- Distracted driving, including texting and GPS distractions
- Improper loading or securing of cargo
- Failing to make proper safety and maintenance checks before driving
How We Prove Truck Driver Negligence In Colorado
At Flesch & Beck Law, we go to work quickly. We will collaborate with a network of trucking industry and medical experts to investigate the accident, gather evidence and evaluate your case. This evaluation depends greatly on our ability to prove negligence either on the part of the truck driver or trucking company.
Proving negligence requires:
- Providing evidence that there was a breach of the duty of care. Truck drivers and others on the road are obligated to prevent injuries to fellow drivers by limiting dangers on the road. This requires adherence with all trucking regulations, road laws and reasonable safety expectations.
- Showing that the truck driver’s negligence was the cause of your accident and resulting injuries.
On the surface, this may sound easy, but the technicalities involved with proving negligence, proving the value of your damages and proving causation are immense. The defense resistance from the trucking company and its insurance provider will add to the complexities.
Put 20 Years Of Experience On Your Side
Please call us at or email us to schedule a FREE consultation with one of our attorneys in Denver or Englewood.
We serve victims and their families throughout the Colorado Front Range, and we handle all cases on a contingency fee basis. Our firm handles all communications with defendants and insurance and will guide you through all aspects of your case, including securing appropriate medical treatment. We look forward to speaking with you.