Behind every holiday celebration lurks hidden dangers. Listed below are some of areas which require increased awareness:
- Dangerous toys
- Decorating mishaps
- Faulty space heaters
- Drunk drivers
- Increased auto and home burglaries
- Pet accidents with trees, lights, plants, ornaments
Simply being aware of higher incidence of accidents, injuries and theft helps us anticipate and avoid problems. Here are some precautions that can be taken.
- Buy age appropriate toys and check current recall lists
- Be careful when using ladders, tools and electrical cords
- Use like new and in good repair, check for recalls and follow safety instructions
- When driving, be extra aware of anyone driving irregularly and avoid travel from 2-4 a.m. if possible
- Lock all doors and windows and do not leave packages visible in an automobile
- Avoid using tinsel, secure Christmas trees so they can’t be pulled over, keep toxic plants out of reach and keep ornaments that are choking hazards higher on the tree
If you’ve suffered a personal injury due to faulty equipment, or have been involved in an accident of any kind, contact Flesch & Beck Law. Our personal injury attorneys work on these types of cases every day and will be able to represent you in a claim. If you’ve been injured in an accident, first seek medical care. Then give us a call so we can help you with your case. Call 303-578-0926 today.